Monday 10 August 2009

Bad Food.

Doing a bit of internet research, I've just logged onto the Cow and Gate baby food website to look up foods to avoid, as so far it's all guesswork, and am I glad I've had a look, because I'm doing AWFULLY at this. I thought my lashings of meat, fish and fruit and veg were absolutely great, but in the past week I've had so many foods on their 'Foods To Avoid' list it's a wonder Social Services aren't going up there with a latex glove to take my child away from me already.
-Ice cream, mayonnaise; I can't have those because they're made with raw eggs, and I used to live off mayo and ice cream before I found out I was pregnant. And I can count three small tubs of Ben and Jerrys just last week. Well Asda had them for a pound, it would have been rude not to. I continue..
-Undercooked or rare meat; that rare/blue steak sandwich I had with Alicia at the pub last week, that consequently ended up in the loo in Starbucks after I sicked it all back up again, but nonetheless.
-Smoked salmon. And I thought I was doing so well with my salmon salads! BUGGER. What can I eat?!
-Soft cheeses. Well I had brie and camembert last night as snacks. I'm really quite bad at this.
-Tuna. Contains mercury, apparently, so I'm only meant to have a can a week. Well I've not exceeded that this week, but crikey, they've ruled out my entire diet!
-Peanuts. I'll just stuff my bag of peanut brittle under the sofa here and we'll say no more about that ey? And we'll forget that crunchy peanut butter I've just bought from Asda as well. Crikey, right I'm off to look at what I can eat, because I think I'm about to starve for the next 6 months. Humph. On a serious note, I feel terrible, and grossly naive. I need to start admitting that I might need help with this, as I only have this one chance, and I'm really fluffing it up.

1 comment:

  1. Found your blog, hope all is going well, just wanted to say, PLEASE don't obsess about foods too much, I mean women have been having babies for centuries without any problems! The important thing is to take your vitamins and drink lots of water and just don't overdo anything! I still have ice cream, mayo, even sushi (do you really think all pregnant women in Japan just suddenly stop eating sushi??) good luck, all the best, keep positive xxx

    ReplyDelete